Thursday, March 31, 2011

Lights and Texture


I finally have texture and lights in.


With one light: fairly strong light.


With 2 lights: still looks cool.


 With more than 2 (here 5) lights, the other lights start losing their strenght (their contribution to the scene is reduced). I am still playing with how I am combining all lights. I am currently trying 2 things.
- Accumulation buffer: Tends to work a little better but not quite and it is slower. (shown in the image)
- glBlendFunc: it usually is too smooth, but faster. I am using
           glBlendFunc (GL_SRC_ALPHA,GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA);
   glBlendEquation(GL_FUNC_ADD);



If anyone knows of a way of combining the different lit scenes, let me know.

Plans for the week:
- get lights looking better for Beta review and hopefully some short animation with lights.
- decide on an extension and start researching it and working on it.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Malu,

    I used glBlendFunc(GL_ONE,GL_ONE). See if that works. Make sure you glEnable(GL_BLEND) first (I'm assuming you already did, but just checking.)

    ReplyDelete