Thursday, April 14, 2011

Environment Lights in

I am loading photographs and and making lights based on the color of the photographs.
Here are a few screeen shots with phong and others with lambert.



The funny thing with the last 2 pictures is that the second one is with 12 lights and the first one is with one. I am guessing blending that many lights together desaturates the color, but I am not convinced. 


(This one is a cloudy sky, grayish/whiteish clouds with low Ns)

(High Ns)


My next step is to load different pictures (I am using just one picture now for all sides), and see how it looks for all 6 sides illuminating the scene. I am currently using only 4 sides (the last picture). The first and third picture are only from one side (top).


I also need to make lights move nicely. I am just swapping positions from each light but it looks very choppy. So I have to think about how to do it.


Also, I only have one material allowed so I might want to allow for more than one, but I guess it depends on how my obj loader is dealing with different objects in the scene and also on finding a way to link that on my side too. We'll see. I think it would be cooler if I can get shadows in instead of multiple materials hehe. But I have to see how this week plays off (midterms, projects, etc).


Plan for the week:
- Move the lights nicely
- Test how it looks better (more lights, more sides, more attenuation, more color, etc)
- Load different pictures per side (should be easy enough)
- More if I can fit that in

1 comment:

  1. Looking good! If the lights have color (e.g. white), they should desaturate the color of the material.

    ReplyDelete