Thursday, April 21, 2011

Slow Progress

This week I have been mainly working on cleaning up the code a little bit, the poster and playing with the parameters of my shader. 


I also am allowing more lights positioned on each side of the cube (it used to be 9 per side and now it cna be any number, although I am currently clamping that to 36 per side).


Now, I am trying to draw the actual lights (the "light bulbs" so to speak... ). I was thinking that I could draw them as spheres (since my lights are point lights) but I am wondering if I should add them to the vbo that holds the vertices of the scene or if there is another way. I don't like the idea of adding it to the vbo of the vertices because that means they would be added to the scene and considered during the geometry pass. Unless I can skip them then. 


After I get the lights in, I need to get the images I am using as source for the light color to render. That requires adding at least 1 extra texture and 1 mesh. I am guessing I'll need an ID to signal which object be rendered with which texture.


And that is it for now.


Summarizing the plans:
- Draw the light bulbs.
- Add at least on extra texture to be rendered.
- Finish the poster
- Make a movie
- Get over stage fright

No comments:

Post a Comment